A personal account of my travels through Europe, and Thailand.

Friday, April 08, 2005

We're here!

Ok, so this is about 5 days late, but we made it... We just spent 3 days in the Algarve of Portugal in Queitera near Faro. Nice and hot, and clean beaches. We came during a lull in the season I guess as there was hardly any one there. We decided that even though it was beutiful and hot, to cut our stay short as there was a lack of social interaction with anyone under 60. We were too jet lagged or sun-tired to go out for the supposed nightlife that our cabbie told us about.
Sorry about the lack of photos, itºs a pain in the ass here as I canºt get anyone to let me upload my pics. On top of that, the photo processing places want to charge about $6 or $7 per 100 photos burnt to CD. That means it would cost me $40 or so to empty my cards. um Rip off! So Iºmº thinking I may have to buy a laptop or PDA instead. I was gonna wait until Thailand or Japan to do that though. I dunno, kind of a drag. Ill find a way to post photos as soon as I can. Ive got some great ones. Pleas excuse the poor punctuation, I canºt figure the keyboard out and the language option has been disabled. Hopefully once I get to France Ill have some real PC access and then I can fix everything up. Stay tuned... We arrived in Lisbon today by bus. We decided to make life interesting by not having a hotel booked, so when we got here we had no idea where to go or what to do. After about 3 hours we found ourselves downtown in the Baixa district with a hotel and an interesting Metro experience... Its stunning here. The architecture is amazing and its everywhere. Tons of squares with statues and lots of pedestrian only roads. We could spend weeks walking around downtown alone! Probably going to head for Madrid on Wednesday instead though. Anyway, when Im not limited by time or cahs, Ill write again properly. Overall having a great time, if not a little stressed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home