A personal account of my travels through Europe, and Thailand.

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Vive la France!

Well, we're in France now.
Due to an extremly frustrating and exhausting experience over the last couple days, we decided to skip Spain and head right to France. The long an short of it is that we missed a key bus for Barcelona and ended up traveling for 26 hours on buses and trains with no real sleep for 36 hours. Yeah, not the highlight of the trip so far. We decided for our sanity to hit Toulouse and visit my cousin Alexandre so we could relax a bit and save some cash. We'll head back to Spain sometime later. We have no shedule so it's not a big deal, we were just pissed about being poorly treated and ripped off, plus neither of us could think straight anymore.
Anyway, I don't want to dwell on bad experiences. Toulouse is beatiful. Alexandre's a great host and it's great to be in country where we know the language. In Spain everyone we asked would say they didn't know French or English, even though it was obvious they did. That really pissed me off. Here they just smile at my accent and either help or switch to English because bad French is worse than English to many French people :o)
Alexandre's on a VPN through his school so I only get a slight reprieve from Internet cafe madness, but it's still worlds better. Also he's let me change the keyboard so the letters are in the right place again and I can type properly.
Due to the VPN restrictions I have to upload ONE picture at a timem so please look at then if I'm spending this much time on them!
By the way in reponse to a couple comments - you need to click on the picture to get to the rest of them. It would take ages to load this site if I posted them all here...
We're spending today relaxing at the apartement. We'll probably hit the bar tonight for some well deserved drinks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home