A personal account of my travels through Europe, and Thailand.

Friday, July 01, 2005

On my way to Kho Chang

I'm writing this on my new PDA. It's great. I can write the most part by hand and it changes it to type. Of course I have to write legibly which is hard. I'm glad to be leaving Pattaya, I'’m finally on my way to Kho Chang. Yesterday l hung out on the beach and read for most of the day. It was nice but too busy.I was tempted to rent a SeaDoo, then I saw a CBR Fireblade but I didn't even have the $15 for the day...
Well I'm at the dock heading for Kho Chang and I'm pretty worried about my lack of cash situation. What if they don't take VISA on the island? I've got less than 100 Baht on me and that won't get me very far. I should have waited another day to get money from the bank (I can do cash withdrawals with 2 pieces of ID from my VISA). They must have a bank. Duh. I'm sure it'll be fine. Still, with my luck...
Some stupid American bastard just sprayed mosquito repellent in my eyes. I'm tempted to rip his loud ass tongue out of his throat and watch him suffocate while his tongue wags uselessly out of his neck. I could take pictures of him and show him what he looks like as he chokes on his Boston necktie. Hahaha. He won't shut up. I guess I should give him some slack - after all he is the most important person on the boat. If I kill someone for the mutual benefit of everyone else do the means justify the ends? I'll have to read Crime and Punishment again.
There he goes with the repellent again. I would say something but I know my temper at the moment wouldn't allow for a pleasant outcome. Now his mother is talking about menopause. I wish I had money for a drink. Or a gun.
I need ear plugs. I don't have any music on my PDA yet.
I suppose I should mention that the majority of Americans I've met abroad are fine. They're open minded, and embarrassed as hell to be associated with that prick in D.C. This wretched family is obviously affluent, oblivious to the rest of the world around them and probably helped put the twit in office.
I love being able to write "in the moment". I think it will enhance my website. Though judging by my above comments, perhaps I need the filter that time away from a computer offers.
For the record, "Pocket" Word sucks. Why does Microsoft always do things half-assed? I'll have to find me an after market program.
Well I made it. No prob. Found a bank that let me pull moolah out of my credit card and I can eat again :) The ride to where I am staying was pretty hairy. The truck was full so me and this English bloak had to stand on the platform sticking out the back of the truck and hold on as our driver passed people going up hills and around blind corners. It was worth it though.I got myself my own little bungalow to call home. Perfect.
So I got all that squared away, so it was time to rent a Hog. Yup. 100cc's of pure unadulterated power! Oh yeah! That's probably a good thing as it's been a while. I started my tour on the wrong side of the road despite my conscious effort not to. I pissed off some scooter folk heading my way. I think I've got it now. It's so beautiful even though it looks like it wants to rain. The picture I got of me with it is pretty dark. It was starting to drizzle so I didn't want to try again. It's so beautiful here that photo taking is almost impossible. I mean how do you differentiate what's photo worthy when every thing is gorgeous?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jarome:
What an exciting time you are having and that must have been some waterfall massage! Love your cozy home ... beautiful photos too.

Until next time...
Carollyne

11:28 p.m., July 03, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats a sweet bungalow. i love checking your site for updates. it makes me want to get back out there. well, have fun.

Ray(from Winnipeg, we met in Prague and Cesky Krumlov)

11:47 a.m., July 05, 2005

 
Blogger Romee said...

Hey Ray! Thank's for the hello! Would you believe I lost my pics of Prague? Damnit. I may get them back though. I'll write about it on my site soon.
Surprised you didn't plug your team! I'll do it for you - www.jetsowner.com Show your support Canada. How can the bloody coldest city in Canada not have a team?! 'course none of do right now...

1:32 a.m., July 06, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So are you still fat or what ?

5:57 p.m., July 07, 2005

 
Blogger Romee said...

Yup. You still got that gay accent?

5:17 a.m., July 08, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure have bro. Hope you're having an awesome time. We're hangin out at Ryan's just gettin ready to head out to the Foggy Poo for his birthday.

We'll miss you and drink some for you.

8:09 p.m., July 09, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home