A personal account of my travels through Europe, and Thailand.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Tony

This entry is a small tribute to my cousin Tony who passed away late last year. He was 35. He was a great person who touched the lives of those people who were fortunate enough to meet him. He is survived by his brother Athanos (Tom) and in the memories of those of us who knew him.

The last time I saw him, he was leaving Kamloops to move to Greece. I had it in my head that I would take this trip within 2 years and visit him in Greece. It took me 3 years, and I missed him by a few months. Life is cruel.

This painting was painted by Patrick Marques, a reknowed painter in France (and possibly elsewhere) and a close friend of Tony and my aunt Brigitte. It can be found in St.Jean Cathedral in Le Vieux Lyon (Old Lyon). Tony passed away as it was being completed. As a tribute to Tony's memory, Patrick painted a small cross towards the bottom left corner in red and black that is in fact a “T”. It can only be seen on the enlarged copy of the photo. It is Patrick’s belief that, as the church chose to purchase this painting over several others commissioned, Tony made it upstairs.

The other picture is of Tony. It's a photo from Brigitte of Tony in Geneva.
He’s the one on the right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home