A personal account of my travels through Europe, and Thailand.

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Congratulations!

Congratulations to my close friends Todd and Jacquie for their first son Kyle, born on Friday. I'm sure you'll make great parents, I'm super happy for you.
As for me, I'm still in Phuket on Kata Beach trying to drink the Andaman Sea. Surfing's tough! Actually the surfing (standing) part is okay, it's the catching the waves that's a lot of work. Timing the waves and paddling like mad wear you out pretty quick. I can't do more than an hour/jour and a half at a time. It's good though, I was out agani this morning, and I'll head out again this afternoon. Now that I have the basics, I won't forget them. I think I'll stay in Phuket a few more days. There's just so much to do around here. I just haven't wanted to stop practicing my surfing. Still haven't gone SCUBA diving or snorkeling yet. It's about the same price as home which is really high for Thailand. Why do I have to like the expensive sports? Maybe I'll take up yachting.
Happy Birthday Ryan - you're gonna catch up to me at this rate. I'll have a drink for you. - Jim, buy him a couple Flaming Lambourghinis for me, and chase them with B52's...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Jarome:
Happy to hear you finally made it on the surf board. I knew you would have a lot of fun with that. Isn't it wonderful to be able to wake up in the mornings and hear the sound of the ocean waves?

With your outgoing personality, you will have no problem making friends wherever you venture. Remember the song: Don't worry, be happy!

Love,
Carollyne

1:54 a.m., July 11, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll drown him in the things buddy.

We'll have to head up to Tofino for a surf trip when you get back.

2:33 p.m., July 11, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home